Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Funny or Disturbing?

The husband sent me this satire on the current women's health debate. It's basically a bunch of middle aged white men and one gratuitous black man mansplaining their positions on women's health and contraception. It's supposed to be funny, however I found myself wincing and getting a lump in my stomach a few times. While some parts are over the top ridiculous, I think a few too many men actually do think this way, which is why it made me uncomfortable in some parts.


What do you think? Funny or disturbing or perhaps a little bit of both?

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was funny because it appeared to be a caricature of the Republicans in congress. I don't know anyone like this and thought the video was really over the top. I also thought it showed the irony of idiotic men making important decisions for the opposite sex. If there really are guys out there like this, then I can see the video being quite painful.

    My thoughts on the reproductive issue are best summed up in this video.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

    DH

    ReplyDelete