Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Normal Days

I don't remember exactly how I came across this blog. Nonetheless, I discovered the following quote that moved me so I thought I would share it:

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.


What does your normal day look like? Does it start with being woken up too early by a little crying Schmoo requesting the comfort of your presence? Do you rush off to a job that provides mental and social stimulation you need to be a happy, well rounded person? Do you drag yourself to a job that doesn't make you happy but pays all your bills in these uncertain economic times? Do you spend the day reading the same torn up story book again and again and again, between vain attempts at keeping crayon off your furniture and food from being hurled onto your floor?

Do you ever get stuck when you talk to family or friends? Perhaps they ask you how everything is or what's new and good, and you think to yourself - Nothing really is new, Nothing really is exciting, Life is just one normal day after another. And that is ok. That is actually quite nice and comforting.

Perhaps I will also write a little note and stick it on bathroom mirror, reminding me to be aware of those treasured, normal moments before they depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment