Some other things you can do to mark October 15th are:
1. Light a candle for your child(ren)
2. Do a balloon release with your family and/or friends - you can attach a note to the balloon or write the child's name on it before releasing
3. Plant a tree in honor of your child(ren)
4. Attend a local event in your area
5. Write a poem or note and post it on your own blog, or ask to guest post on someone else's blog if you don't have one.
May you all find healing and warmth on October 15th.
This post is part of a series I am writing for Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month that I am calling PILAM 2010. I will be writing about pregnancy loss periodically throughout the month of October. As posts are added to the series I will add the links on all applicable posts.
My intro to PILAM 2010 is October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and includes resources in the Las Vegas area.
For reasons on why I am writing about pregnancy loss, see Why I write about miscarriage.
For ideas on ways to commemorate Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day, see What Can You Do.
A poem commemorating Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is posted for October 15, 2010
My post October 15th weekend wrap-up is at Picture Thursday.