Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Quick Update - The Sleepy Edition

By now some folks may have noticed that I haven’t been posting much lately. I don’t have a ton of fabulous excuses. I haven’t been gallivanting abroad in any exotic locations. I’ve just been very, very tired lately. The kind of tired where my head goes into a fog a couple times a day and I cannot do anything but close my eyes for even a few short minutes. The kind of tired that makes me pass out at the same time as my 2 year old most nights, leaving chores undone, dishes unwashed, diapers unassembled.

Oddly enough, I haven’t been sleeping well at night either. I’ve been having particularly bad episodes of insomnia in the middle of the night or early morning. I might be so tired that it hurts to even open my eyes, yet my brain just won’t shut up and I toss and turn until I get hungry. So I go downstairs to grab a bite, then lie back down and toss and turn until I get heartburn….blah blah blah and so it goes for about 2-3 hours. I suppose I could better spend at least one of those hours finishing my chores left undone when I passed out, but I keep wishfully thinking that if I stay lying down then perhaps I’ll fall asleep faster. Plus there’s that so-tired-my-eyes-hurt thing going on, so I really just want to keep them closed, which then makes scrubbing pots kind of difficult.

Yes, I am aware my poor sleep likely has something to do with my extreme fatigue.

I actually do have another reason for being so tired, but I’m not quite ready to talk about it. Don’t worry, it’s nothing overly dramatic. Give me another week or so and I’ll post an update.

On the fun side, that SchmoopyBoy is really becoming quite a character. It’s great fun (most of the time) to see his personality take off as he develops better communication skills. I could spend a couple of posts talking about that in and of itself. Perhaps if I find the time and energy I will one of these days.

On that note, I'm going to bed now. zzzzzzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment