Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Gratitude Post - 6/4/2012

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a gratitude post. Shame on me! So, without further ado, here are 5 things for which I am grateful this week.

1.       Peach season – I put a peach in my breakfast smoothie this morning, and my mouth did a happy dance.
2.       Indoor (i.e. air conditioned) play spaces – I took SchmoopyBoy to a birthday party at an indoor play space this weekend. It was 105 degrees outside and he still got to run around and climb ‘rock’ walls and swirl down slides to his heart’s content without anyone worrying about heat exhaustion.
3.       Visiting with old friends – I saw two of my dear old friends and their kids during Memorial Day weekend when we were in Southern California. So great to spend time with them.
4.       VPN – VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It is what enables me to work from home two days a week. As the parent of young children, this contributes so much to my work-life balance.
5.        Husband led cleaning sprees – The clutter in my house was out of control. Out Of Control, I tell you. It was so bad even the husband couldn’t tolerate it anymore. So, this weekend we went into decluttering mode. It’s not 100% yet, but we made a dent, mostly due to his initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment