Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Introducing the Scorpion Longtongue

SchmoopyBoy first told me about the Scorpion Longtongue a few days ago. He had made a sculpture of it at preschool. Since I was unfamiliar with such a beast, I asked him about it. Here are a few details:

  • The scorpion longtongue is a big bug that eats scorpions.
  • It has no teeth.
  • It gets the scorpions with its long, sticky tongue.
  • Its tongue is as big as an elephant.
  • It makes a sound effect when it eats a scorpion that I cannot reproduce on this blog.


I finally got to see a model Scorpion Longtongue today when I picked SchmoopyBoy up from preschool. Exhibit:



You might be wondering, how does he know about scorpions? Well, we've found two of the little suckers in our yard over the past month or so. (Eeek!!! Those things freak me out more than the black widow spiders that like to take up residence in these parts!) Pest control has been called. Unfortunately, their arsenal does not include any natural predators such as the dread Scorpion Longtongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment