Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

House of Sickos

I think all three of us are pretty much better now. Fortunately nothing serious, just the first cold of the season. Copious amounts of snot making it impossible for SchmoopyBaby to sleep horizontally. So guess who spent a night sitting in the rocking chair cradling a sick toddler so he could sleep? Hint - the same person who had to go to work the next morning on maybe 3 hours of sleep total, and who got sick herself 2 days later. sigh.

Hey wait a minute, did I just refer to myself in the 3rd person? whatev. I've been really tired lately so forgive me if I have the grammar, punctuation, and general writing style of a seventh grader. I'm having a hard time mustering up the energy to care.

Thanksgiving was fairly uneventful. I made a super yummy apple crumble from The Joy of Vegan Baking and a sweet potato and pumpkin side dish. John made my quinoa stuffed acorn squash recipe that I came up with a couple of years ago. It is turning into a Thanksgiving tradition now, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy because in general I don't think I am a particularly good or creative cook, so whenever I come up with an original recipe that's a keeper I get excited.

I really got the shopping bug this year, but I had no time to do anything about it. Probably better for my pocketbook, but I can't help but cringe at all the good deals I missed out on. Oh well, there's always the after xmas sales if I still have the bug by then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment