Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

2010 is turning out to be not my year

One day I may look back at this moment and shake my head and laugh. But at the moment I just want to shake my head.

So Wednesday I get woken up at 12:30 in the morning. John is crawling on the floor hyperventilating. He's in pain. Lots and lots of pain. I help him to the extent I can for the next couple of hours - but at about 4am he asked me to call 911. He was in so much pain he didn't even think he could make it to the emergency room in my car.

Turns out he's passing a kidney stone. It has now been a day and a half later and the stone is not out yet. My mother came into town on very short notice to help watch SchmoopyBaby so I can work Thursday and Friday. John is drugged up and in bed most of the time, but needs help getting food, and when the pain hits him he needs help getting into a hot bath, which provides a great amount of relief.

My attention is constantly being pulled in 4 different directions, and I haven't slept for 2 days.

We're supposed to go in to the apartment on Saturday to finish the lease paperwork and pick up the keys so we can start moving. I have no idea if John will be up for it.

Primal scream for this week... GAAAAAAHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment