Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Quick Update

Well, things make a little more sense now. SchmoopyBaby woke up sick on Sunday. He had been rubbing his nose and eyes for the previous day or two, and was SUPER cranky on Saturday. I thought it was just allergies from all the wind and the fact that he hadn't been sleeping well at night - waking up for the day at the insane hour of 5am. But no, we now have officially sick toddler. I'm starting to feel sick myself, which is not so great considering we are moving on Saturday.

Tomorrow we sign the closing documents on our house. It feels very weird and not quite real that we are actually moving. I've been talking to SchmoopyBaby about it and trying to prepare him. I'm not sure how much he understands though. This is the only home he's ever known. This is where he is most comfortable - where he eats best and sleeps best.

I'm most sad for Mojo. He is losing his yard. A dog like him needs a yard to run around in. We'll have to find time to take him to the dog park. John and I will have to take turns watching Schmoopybaby while the other takes Mojo to the dog park. A large dog park is no place for a young toddler. Mojo and SchmoopyBaby have so much fun tearing around the yard, squealing and barking in glee. I am sad that they will have to miss out on that, at least for a while.

Oh well. It's all temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment