Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Gratitude Post - 1/20/2012

It has been too long since I’ve written a gratitude post. I have so many positives in my life. Here are this week’s top 5 things for which I am grateful:

1. Wellness room at the office - I have the distinction of being the first person to use the Wellness Room in my new building for its primary purpose – pumping breast milk. It is SO SO SO much better than what I had to deal with the first time.

2. Truly family friendly boss – I am now working from home two days a week, and my boss allows me the flexibility to switch my days at home when special circumstances arise. Makes my return to work easier on everyone in my household.

3. Seeing my baby laugh at his older brother’s silly antics – SchmoopyBoy is finally getting some of the positive attention from Lil’ Schmoo that he has been craving. It makes everyone feel a little more warm and fuzzy.

4. Baking with SchmoopyBoy – Over the past few months, SchmoopyBpy has really taken an interest in cooking and, particularly, baking with me. Almost every weekend I make a point of baking something with him. It’s a fun activity and special mommy-only bonding time for him, and we have yummy homemade (and relatively healthy!) treats around the house. On a related note…

5. The Joy of Vegan Baking – Many of the recipes SchmoopyBoy and I have tried out come from this book. Some of my favorite recipes include chocolate chip cookies, zucchini bread and muffins, cocoa spice muffins, and blueberry cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment