Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Trial Run Successful

Late last week we did a trial run, in which I left the husband in charge of both children for 2 hours while I got a hair cut and attempted to run a couple of errands. As luck would have it, the baby slept for an hour and 15 minutes (I put him to sleep just before I left), so he only had to deal with both kids for 45 minutes. The main thing is that he took the bottle, which we both suspected he would. whew.

With SchmoopyBoy, we had to work with him for two weeks before he would take a bottle from his dad upon first offering. He waited until the last moment - the day before I went back to work was the first day he would finally take it. I was so relieved I almost cried.

Lil' Schmoo is a whole different beast. He takes the pacifier on occasion, which SchmoopyBoy never did, and didn't hesitate with the bottle. Considering our first (and only) trial run was less than a week before my first day back at work, I am relieved it went well. I have to confess, I would have loved another trial run. Just one hour of time all to myself would be like a mini-vacation. Plus I could get things done that are difficult (for me) to do with a baby in tow.

On the really unfortunate side, Lil' Schmoo caught another cold. I. Know. This time I believe he caught it from his father, who was really sick about a week ago. I'm trying to keep SchmoopyBoy and myself well. What craptastic timing. Tomorrow is my last day as a stay at home mom. Wow. Time really flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment